Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3 more Jupiters from Thursday morning

Pete Presland

Three more from Thursday morning, it isn't until I uploading to here I noticed how different the colour is on each of the images. Surprising considering all were done with the same workflow. Also the image scale does look slightly down from last April images. Taken at 5.19am, 6.11am, 6.29am.

Think I need to do a little more research/homework regarding my processing techniques. At least there is no shortage of cloudy weather to practice!

C9.25/ASI120mm +x1.8 Barlow. 150secs per RGB channel. Stacked in A/S2, de-rotated in Winjupos, lightly sharpened in C/S2.

2017.01.05 05.19am.png  2017.01.05 06.11am.png  2017.01.05 06.29am.png

When you say RGB alignment, if you are refering to "RGB align" in regi then that will only align the various colours up, down, left and right on the image. It will not change the overall look of the colour of the image. "RGB balance" will impact on the overall look of the colour on the image.

3 minutes ago, Freddie said:

When you say RGB alignment, if you are refering to "RGB align" in regi then that will only align the various colours up, down, left and right on the image. It will not change the overall look of the colour of the image. "RGB balance" will impact on the overall look of the colour on the image.

Sorry I meant RGB balance :help:

No problem. They are very similar terms so easy to get mixed up.

Good to see you out there plugging away. Hopefully conditions will improve to something you deserve for your efforts. I'm too lazy to get out of bed!!

1 minute ago, resonator77 said:

excellent image,

Have you compared 120mm to 174mm or 178mm, besides pixel size, sensitivity would be of interest?

No I haven't thought about a new mono camera, but I did get bought a ASI224mc OSC for my 50th birthday last year. Don't tell anybody, but I think I prefer the extra work with the mono cameras!

10 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

I had another go at the colour of these images. Combined in Winjupos with the default settings, then RGB balanced in Reg6.

I think they look a bit better.

2017-01-05-0519_3-Peter Presland-RGB.png2017-01-05-0611_6-Peter Presland-RGB.png2017-01-05-0632_4-Peter Presland-RGB.png

Do you disassemble every time your gear or you have it permanently fixed? C9.25 is excellent scope and manageable when it comes to portability.

Did you not use to have C11 as well?

Yes I have disassemble when planetary imaging. I do have an observatory, so there are no cool down times really.

With the planets though, my fixed position wouldn't be any use most of the time. I have very high conifers close by in the south and south/east. Which means Venus and Mars are only visible near my house, which is 20ft north of my observatory. Even Jupiter only becomes visible at around 5:30am to my observatory.

I have never owned a C11, but one would be nice maybe someday :icon_biggrin:

Archived