Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Hi folks,it' been another great night up at Drumroamin campsite...skies are lit up with stars from horizon to horizon with the Milky way strewn across the sky?.

I managed 20 odd 4min subs of the Soul Nebula and now running some on the Flame Nebula and Horsehesd but can see the glow of the rising moon low in the east.

I had a great session with my 15x70 Helios stellar binos,just scanning the sky hunting numerous messier objects which was mesmerising just taking in the vast amount of stars which you just dont get from suburban locations.

I think i'll leave the mount running thru till early morning to catch a look at Jupiter and Mars before sunrise.

So glad to be here under pristine skies and warming up for the spring SP in March nicely.

Steak & haggis pie nearly done in oven so goodluck and see you all in march.

I'll try and post images in due time.

Kenny

• Like 5

Nice report Kenny,glad you got some great skytime. Bit overcast here,looking forward to seeing some of your images,enjoy yer pie!!!!!!!!!:icon_biggrin:,safe journey home will see you in March,

Regards

Mike

7 hours ago, kenny k said:

Steak & haggis pie nearly done in oven so goodluck and see you all in march.

Great job Kenny, glad the skies played ball for you.

Who ate all the pies?:hmh:

• Like 1

Glad the sky played ball for you, mate

All the very best.

See you in March

On 08/01/2018 at 13:27, mapstar said:

Nice one Kenny. How long are you up there for? 

Hi Damian,i was only there for Sat-Tue.

I got some lovley skies Sat & Sun..Mon only till 8ish....well worth the trip.

Got home about 6ish today.

Hope your well and see you in March if your at SP.

Kenny.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.