Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2017

21 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

As there was no autumn GSP me, Damian and one other had to get an Astro fix so we had a couple of days camping in the Yorkshire Dales.

The skies were not quite as dark as Drumroamin but still good and allowed us to see plenty of Leonids, galaxies, nebulas and Uranus.

The Friday night was not as kind to us weather wise so we thought it was only right to raise a glass to the Galloway Star Party that might have been.

Please note that no pies where harmed during the making of this picture.

How's about that then?

Well done guys, that's the Dunkirk spirit, good to see it's still alive. :) 

Jim

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An enjoyable two days for me and a great meet up.  

Thursday night had nice clear skies and plenty of good views. As Ian said friday night was not kind so we raised a glass or three to the sadly missed event.

Cheers all

42 minutes ago, kenny k said:

Good to hear you guys got some clear skies up there...ps,couldnt help notice that the amount of Whiskey in your glass is obscured Ian?.

Kenny

To be fair it doesn't fill the bottom of a punch bowl much :grin:

Cheers lads a few of us clubbed together and took Demon Mikes Static and the skies played ball 2 out of three nights, much whisky was consumed on the Friday ...much snoring was heard much of it in stereo format and a few breakfasts at the Glaisnock cafe were gulped down... looking forward to Spring camp now.:headbang:

6 minutes ago, shirva said:

Any news on the spring camp, the camp that was cancelled was too early for me to attend but should be more than ready to go in the spring, 

Davy,, Cumbernauld

Have a look here

At present everything is stiil looking Aok. Best to just keep an eye on the thread I posted the link to.

Be good to see you there ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Errm...not yet Mike.

Skies are gorgeous?.

Ive managed a few test shots of M45 and M31 but just trying to familiarise myself with my gear again as it's been nearly 14 months since my last outing but everything has gone smoothly.

Not tried guiding yet but might give it a go later...popped in the static for a warm up and a wee whiskey?.

Kenny

11 minutes ago, philthy said:

Did you get the dates wrong again?

No Phil,not this time?.

Seen the cold snap coming early on the week and thought 'i"ll av sum ov that'?.

Iv'e got the clan with me so be wrapping up soon...that b*!#¿§ωd  moon is on it's way up but iv'e had a good night.

Hope your keeping well and see you in March.

Kenny

2 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Kenny,how`s the seeing? Before the wee dram turns into a party,i reckon it should be crystal according to the weather forecasts,hope you`ve got plenty of batteries with you.

Mike

Hi Mike...a few misty pathetic wisps of cloud came in overhead about 11ish so went in to watch MOTD and watch City bang a few more goals in?.

Clear now but moon's drowned all the glory out a bit.

Spesk to you tommorow.

Kenny.

Archived