Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_nb_dso.jpg.eb6cd158659331fd13e71470af6da381.jpg

Demon Barber

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2017

mapstar    5,528

Rubbish weather for the last new moon and this one isn't looking promising. Out once this autumn up to now :mellow:

wookie1965    1,330

I have not been out for at least 6 weeks September was awful never known it so bad and two weeks in October are no better rubbish weather just hope November brings frost and clear nights.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DaveH64
      Hi we hold meet ups in and around the North end of the  Galloway Dark Sky Park.  Dalmellington, Loch Doon and other place about Ayrshire.  I will post any public meets if anyone wishes  to come along.  Also if anyone is in this neck of the woods and needs some local info we would be glad to help.
    • By Nadine2704
      Aurora over Perthshire
      Canon 70d, Samyang 14mm f.8 lens
    • By Nadine2704
      I'm ecstatic that I finally got a chance to see the aurora - I usually miss them whenever they make an appearance!  It gave me a chance to try out my new lens (Samyang 14mm f2.8) with my Canon 70d, and I can tell it's going to be a firm favourite!  Having never imaged the aurora before (and generally being pretty useless with processing software) I wasn't entirely sure how best to process them, but I think they turned out ok in the end!

• By Space Ranger
      On the evening of the 17th March in the north of Scotland the dancing lights of the aurora filled the sky and put on a mesmerising show (despite the misty conditions). Attached are a few of many wide angle shots of the aurora I obtained that evening. If you look closely at the images you can see the Plough - which will give a sense of scale to these wide angle shots.

The images were taken near Strathy on the north coast of Scotland using an astro modded Canon 600D and 10-22mm Sigma wide angle lens (at 10mmFL).

It's been a busy month for me, so it has taken a while to get a few pics processed. As a result these are not providing breaking news - I hope you enjoy seeing them nonetheless.
    • By Space Ranger
      My back garden isn't the most scenic spot I've photographed the northern lights from, but it is very convenient for just sitting back and enjoying the show  .....

Timelapse footage of this display can be found here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/57299237@N05/12709581353/