Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Winter Moon compels me!

Leveye

Storms are moving in so had the bring the rig inside for who knows how long so here is my obligatory evil orb shot of course. This was done with my 90's C8 using of all things my AstroTech field flattener which is the only correcter I have that actually works on my SCTs go figure. Pretty sharp side to side.

10k captured AVI frames using BYEOS and my T5i in planetary mode and used the best 3500 of those stacked using PIPP, AS!2 and finally Registax. Slight tweeking in Camera RAW and resized for post. Let me know what you think. 

WinterMoon.jpg

On 1/8/2017 at 10:06, saac said:

That's got to be one of the best photographs I've seen of the Moon.  Very sharp across the field and lovely subtle colour, well done sir :)

Jim

Much appreciated Jim. Thank you and thanks to all for taking the time to comment. Look up!

That's a really first class image, I especially like that you have resisted the urge to over-work the image that can make the bright spots on craters look like a little sparkly, and the colour is great too. Very well done. (Envy is a sin isn't it?)

11 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shot mate, cracking detail and lovely colour, reminds me of a image I got back in October, I love the way thay look frame that way. heres my shot. clear skys ,charl.

moon 10-11-16 lazy.png

Is this a mosaic or stacked full disc frames? Very nice my lensfriend.

thanks mate, its 125 still frames staxed with registax 6 taken with a AR127L F9.5 scope and 1200d camera. if you check out my flickr link in my sig there a few more like it. clear skys charl.

8 hours ago, Leveye said:

Is this a mosaic or stacked full disc frames? Very nice my lensfriend.

Archived