Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brongest Newcastle Emlyn ... Dark ?

knobby

Hi my Welsh freinds, I've felt an affinity with you lot since my early Dob modding phase when I recall quite a few in the South Wales group were dabbling too.

I'm having a week in Brongest, Newcastle Emlyn. Should I take my scope ?

Cheers and have a good 2017 !

25 minute drive from newcastle emlyn to the presselli mountains (they are hills really but the locals big them up a bit) There is a dark skys awarded area there, isolated quiet in a car park viewing area. Also the national botanic gardens of wales (40 mins drive) is a dark sky site, swansea astronomical society are having a star party there in Feb. Poorest county in the UK but nice dark sky as the council and locals alike can not afford street lights:happy10:

Very pretty part of Wales I am biased though I live in Newcastle Emlyn.

On 1/11/2017 at 14:46, cardigan wearer said:

25 minute drive from newcastle emlyn to the presselli mountains (they are hills really but the locals big them up a bit) There is a dark skys awarded area there, isolated quiet in a car park viewing area. Also the national botanic gardens of wales (40 mins drive) is a dark sky site, swansea astronomical society are having a star party there in Feb. Poorest county in the UK but nice dark sky as the council and locals alike can not afford street lights:happy10:

Very pretty part of Wales I am biased though I live in Newcastle Emlyn.

Thanks for that, I'll be squeezing the scope in then !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived