SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

At last some better seeing 5.1.2017

Pete Presland

At last some better seeing conditions greeted me at 4:30am :icon_biggrin: Quick set up and I noticed the moons were strung out nicely to one side of Jupiter.

The conditions were obviously better than of late, I could make out detail between the equatorial belts easily, something that has not been visible yet this season. The pressure was falling slowly over the last couple of days and the temperature had been cold for a while.

The image is a composite of two images, one for the moons and the other for the planet. The usual set up C9.25/ASI120mm. 150 seconds per RGB channel for Jupiter, 180secs for the moons.

Stacked 20% in A/S2, de-rotated and combined in Winjupos, Jupiter looks a bit "pasty" still, but its the best one for a while.

2016.01.05 Jupiter & moons,Callisto,Ganymede,Io,Europa.png

Nice shot. Plenty of detail considering that Jupiter is pretty low and the moisture in the air recently has been building rapidly in the early morning (spoiled several Jupiter sessions here in the last few weeks).

It is just nice to see the Big Guy back in the sky!

Paul

16 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Nice shot. Plenty of detail considering that Jupiter is pretty low and the moisture in the air recently has been building rapidly in the early morning (spoiled several Jupiter sessions here in the last few weeks).

It is just nice to see the Big Guy back in the sky!

Paul

Its been very difficult lately, but you have to keep plugging away :icon_biggrin:

8 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Yes less blurry Pete. As you say have to keep plugging away. Is focal length lower on this shot it looks a little lower

good capture

Not sure to be honest Neil, it does look a little smaller than last April. I thought that be more to do with Jupiter than my set up. I am using the same x1.8 Barlow I was using back then, but I might be slightly shorter due to the Crayford focuser position maybe?

Archived