Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trapezium Cluster in M42

Jannis

Finally got done stacking the few hundred frames, aligning them, and processing them for the high dynamic range. Then came a nightmare - registar was unable to align my channels... :BangHead:
Well, after 2-3 hours i finally got them all aligned, just to find out the OIII really did more bad then good, so i dripped it and went for a bicolor instead to get more details.
It don't look too good in high/full res, especially as I've used 3x drizzle, but for this little data, manual alignment, and my poor tracking - I'm quite happy. :)

The image was captures with the Polemaster on the Explorer 200 guided by the QHY5L-II. And the bicolor consists of NIR and Ha data instead of the usual Ha and OIII.

NIR data is from 742nm and 23x 60sec, 59x 5sec, and 172x 1sec.
Ha data consists of 18x 30sec and 100x 1sec.
Total exposure is a low 41 min 45 sec, with a total of 372 frames.

NIR 23x 60 sec gain 30 dark bias v1.jpg

NIR-Ha bicolor-crop SGL.jpg

Edit: I just realised i posted this in the wrong section, if a mod could move it to deep sky i'd be thankful. 

Sorry, my bad. The mono channel above is the NIR channel. There may not be much difference in terms of what part of the nebulosity showing up, but it's for sure more faint in the NIR, but it shows a lot more stars then the Ha.
The unprocessed NIR data is available here, should anyone be interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0x3gxiw5nyyndt/M42 Polemaster NIR 742nm.rar?dl=0

This is the Ha channel: 

Ha 18x 30 sec 13 gain dark bias.jpg

Archived