SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cracking viewing just now !

John

Really excellent conditions here ATM. Venus, Mars and now the Moon looking totally wonderful even at "ludicrous speed" of 300x-400x with my lovely Tak 100 :icon_biggrin:

Dark and pale Martian features despite a tiny disk, Venus showing some definite contrast variations in the cloud tops and the Moon looking all "Chesley Bonestell" like, if you get what I mean :wink:

Amazing what this little scope can do. The TV Nagler 2-4 zoom is being a little champion too !

CB_moontractors_detail_em.jpg

Sorry if you are clouded out :rolleyes2:

It's not forecast to last beyond around 9:00 pm here so I'm making the most of it while I can.

Slightly hazy can be good for the planets though :icon_biggrin:

I have just been blown away with the Tak-100 & the 8mm Brandon, it looks seriously good.  Those Tak-100's are not bad at all are they ? 

EDIT:  Right thats it I am getting the 3-6 TV Zoom next.  Its killing me only being able to get to x92.5......damn.

1 minute ago, faulksy said:
  • even though john it wasn't through your dob, i still give you a like :icon_biggrin:
  • some good high power there :headbang:

Thanks Mike - I appreciate your gesture towards my "finder scope" ! :thumbright:

22 minutes ago, jabeoo1 said:

I have just been blown away with the Tak-100 & the 8mm Brandon, it looks seriously good.  Those Tak-100's are not bad at all are they ? 

EDIT:  Right thats it I am getting the 3-6 TV Zoom next.  Its killing me only being able to get to x92.5......damn.

That's right, they are not too shabby ;) 

The hazy stuff has reached me ! :rolleyes2:

Moon still looking good through the thin cloud but I suspect it's thickening all the time.

Been playing with my hyper wides which I don't generally use with this scope. The 6mm Ethos shows the whole lunar disk with a little room to spare at the edges at 150x. I can pretend to be an Apollo command module pilot for a short while !

The scope had the dinky little Ethos 3.7mm in the diagonal when I took this shot:

taknight01.JPG

Archived