Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party March 2017

Freff

Made it back home a day later than planned, mainly due to drinking too much of Tony's whiskey & some very smooth Black Shiraz from Justyn on Sunday night...very good night though so no harm done.

Nice to meet up with old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks to Tony for arranging another successful event. 

See you all next time.

Mick & Jill

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/03/2017 at 08:12, reddoss said:

Nice image Tich

Thanks Justyn although as finicky as i am I had a tweak as it needed cropping & I thought some of the colours were a bit overpowering lol,

Amother process of the needle galaxy that I captured at the Brecons 24th-25th March 2017

Glad everyone had an enjoyable time. Even though Dorothy & I were unable to attend the event, it was nice to visit Friday afternoon catching up with familiar faces and also to meet Jon. We look forward to seeing everyone at the next one.

Had a great time at my first star party, it was a pleasure to meet you all. It was a successful first trip out with the caravan too and I have a shopping list as long as my arm filled with things I need (thanks for the loan of the can-opener Mick).

I find myself lacking in enthusiasm to observe from my back garden now, with all that light pollution and nobody to talk to and compare scopes with!

I'll definitely be attending more star parties and have the motivation to travel to darker skies more often.

Hahaha I think you got away with it Justyn as if you zoomed in you'd disappear into the world of pixels. glad you like it though. :-)
Until next time folks!!!.

Archived