Narrowband

Recommended viewing?

Hi all

I'm just seeing if anyone could recommend some great things for me to view with my Dob 200p in the current sky's. today I found the andromeda galaxy which althou was blurry it came with a great satisfaction of finding Something all on my own. 

I'm also (past day or so) trying to find Uranus but the clouds keep covering over just when I'm closing in around the area.? 

Any suggestions welcome. 

Gary

DSO Browser is a site which you tell your location and it will show you the DSO (deep sky objects) types you can select visible that night for you. Joining it will keep your chosen objects on file and show you what's up each time you visit! And it's totally FREE:

https://dso-browser.com/

The guy who built this is a really nice guy, and this is a labor-of-love for astronomy on his part.

Enjoy it!

Dave

3 hours ago, Gary170782 said:

Hi all

I'm just seeing if anyone could recommend some great things for me to view with my Dob 200p in the current sky's. today I found the andromeda galaxy which althou was blurry it came with a great satisfaction of finding Something all on my own. 

I'm also (past day or so) trying to find Uranus but the clouds keep covering over just when I'm closing in around the area.? 

Any suggestions welcome. 

Gary

Jupiter will e coming into view at this time mate and have a look at the Orion Nebula buddy

Personally my favourite target (aside from Jupiter!) Is the m81/82 galaxy's in Ursa major. Can't  get enough of them! As long as you have dark skies then they will look great in your scope!

Just be aware that as we moon towards the full moon allot of DSO's will be allot harder to view.

33 minutes ago, brantuk said:

That's a great site I've never seen before Dave - thanks for the link! :)

Isn't it though? I keep it bookmarked on my personal top-tier list, along with SGL, my local weather-service, and news. I try to check daily. Currently I have it set heavy-on nebulae, and it never fails to amaze me with surprise denizens I never heard of before!

What's not to love?

Dave

16 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

DSO Browser is a site which you tell your location and it will show you the DSO (deep sky objects) types you can select visible that night for you.

Great find Dave, thanks for the info.

On 04/01/2017 at 23:44, Dave In Vermont said:

DSO Browser is a site which you tell your location and it will show you the DSO (deep sky objects) types you can select visible that night for you. Joining it will keep your chosen objects on file and show you what's up each time you visit! And it's totally FREE:

The guy who built this is a really nice guy, and this is a labor-of-love for astronomy on his part.

Enjoy it!

Dave

Thank you for the tip just joined and looks awesome 

On 1/4/2017 at 23:44, Dave In Vermont said:

Enjoy it!

Dave

Cheers mate joined up as well:thumbsup:

Archived