Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Splitting Adhara (CMa) in the UK

Has anyone managed to split the Adhara double in Canis Major? It looks a similar challenge to Sirius (which I've never split either). Magnitude difference is "only" 6 rather than 10, but the separation is closer (8" rather than 10"). It's also lower in the sky reaching only 11 rather than 23 degrees. I thought I was just about to tick off my final star in the Astro League doubles list and was horrified when I realised what it was! Looks way tougher than the rest of the list and my attempt earlier this week didn't fill me with confidence!

Thanks for taking a look! :smile:. That book does sound good, but hard to justify some of the prices it's going for so I've never pulled the trigger on it. I was observing from the same latitude as Glasgow earlier in the year and even a few degrees does make a difference for those southern sights.

On 1/4/2017 at 22:37, laudropb said:

I was lucky. I managed to get a copy a few years ago when it was still in print.

I'm lucky too - a copy appeared in my Christmas stocking this year!

Archived