Narrowband

Jupiter rising

Nathan UK

Hey people any idea what time Jupiter is going to be visible in the early hours in the uk??

thinking about staying awake to take a peek....

from looking at sky map to see where Jupiter is rising it's in the perfect spot for me to look through my scope from my step and I haven't seen Jupiter yet so I would like to make my first obs of it and it's moons 

nathan 

Hi Nathan,

You're going to get the best chance of getting a good view when Jupiter is at its highest. As Stu said, around 6.30am, though you could observe it earlier  by an hour or more and still get a great view. The morning air is usually cooler and steadier than in the evening and the view youll get will probably be steady and sharp. It should be well worth the effort!

Mike :happy11:

14 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Hi Nathan,

You're going to get the best chance of getting a good view when Jupiter is at its highest. As Stu said, around 6.30am, though you could observe it earlier  by an hour or more and still get a great view. The morning air is usually cooler and steadier than in the evening and the view youll get will probably be steady and sharp. It should be well worth the effort!

Mike :happy11:

Thanks mate I think I'm going to take the scope to the step at 5:30 to give me a bit of time for the scope to cool, have a brew and for my eyes to adjust to the detail! Cheers guys

Archived