Narrowband

Synscan software

Looking at the Skywatcher site: http://www.skywatcher.com/download/software/

There is a V4 and a V3, since yours is already V3 that seems to imply that you have a V3 handset - seems sensible. As such the latest is therefore V3.39.03.

To update you will need the Firmware Loader, same place. Also a cable or two for USB to Serial. Note that not all cables/USB etc are overly successful. Another thing is drop the USB speed if possible at your PC. Better if available is to use an OLD PC that has a serial port on it. The problem is the mount etc was developed in the days of a serial download, 900bps maybe as high as 19200bps - now slow, very SLOW. And USB can simply throw down too much for the port etc to handle and process.

It is not impossible but people do have troubles. personally I think if i were to do it then I would consider buying and installing a serial card, although I can power up an old PC with a serial port.

Will ask why do you want an update? Sometimes the old adage of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", is a good guide. My Mead cannot be updated, the software is some 1 years old and I have no problems concerning lack of features.

Archived