Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1276 - faint globular

661-pete

This is a rather faint and obscure glob. in Serpens Caput (mag. 10.3), not particularly well-defined - like many faint globs the best I can do is to get it to look like a small open cluster. I like trying my hand at these difficult objects thrown in amongst all the favourites! This one, done on 1-2 August, was 16 x 3 minutes at prime focus 1600ISO.

ic127601aug08003rth3.jpg

Excellent capture Pete. I have just finished putting together a complete list of GC's for th Astropedia section, hopefully will get it uploaded this weekend, it's an aim of mine to image as many of the as possible, I find GC's fascinating objects and subjects.

Steve..

Nice one :hello2:

I'm still in "easy" mode at the moment .. I have just progressed from "tourist" mode...and these challenging targets look fun once i have "ticked" off a few more of the common targets..

Thanks for sharing the image and the insight on what else is out there after the "biggies"

Billy....

Archived