SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Smartphone mount for a skywatcher heritage 130p

stewspark

This topic has probably been started hundreds of times .... but, I'm a newbie to this so going to ask anyway. Is there any means of attaching some sort of Mount for a smartphone to the aforementioned Skywatcher Heritage 130p scope, if so do any of you knowledgeable guys know where I can purchase one or maybe even make a contraption that will do the job ? 

Looking forward to your replies

stewspark.

Cheers for that idea ... I suppose it could be adapted to work with the 130p, it should not be impossible to muster up a homemade effort along those lines ... I'll give it a bash tomorrow and if successful post up a photo ?

These adapters fit onto your eyepiece rather than the scope itself. They take a bit of fiddling around to get the camera directly above the exit pupil but you can take some descent shots of bright targets like the Moon and Jupiter once you get the hang of it.

1 hour ago, D4N said:

I assume you mean so you can take pictures with it?

Something like this could work: http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/bresser-universal-smartphone-adapter.html

I don't have one myself so don't know how good they are.

I've just ordered one for my Skywatcher explorer 130p , was only £7 on eBay mate

microscope:telescope universal bracket holder mount for phones it's advert name is and if ur in the uk??? Well it's uk shipped rather then China 

Archived