SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Manchester

Daveb70

Hi, 

just got my first telescope from the wife for xmas, it's a skywatcher, 150p/ 1200 . It came with x2 eyepieces 4mmpl, and 20mm wide angle also Barlow lens, not had chance to use it properly yet, been a bit cloudy here, I've been interested in astronomy for a while but know nothing at all about it, not sure what or where to look ( except up ?) , I will be asking a lot of questions so please bare with me as I may ask silly questions until I get the hang of it.

thanks Dave.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Daveb70 said:

Hi, 

just got my first telescope from the wife for xmas, it's a skywatcher, 150p/ 1200 . It came with x2 eyepieces 4mmpl, and 20mm wide angle also Barlow lens, not had chance to use it properly yet, been a bit cloudy here, I've been interested in astronomy for a while but know nothing at all about it, not sure what or where to look ( except up ?) , I will be asking a lot of questions so please bare with me as I may ask silly questions until I get the hang of it.

thanks Dave.

Welcome mate, download sky map to your iPhone, android or tablet ... It's free? Point your camera in any direction and it will show you what's there and also help you star hop.

venus is right of the moon at the moment (brightest start you can see and Mars and Neptune are just to the left of the moon although I believe there out of sight tonight now

Nathan, Liverpool 

8 minutes ago, Nathan UK said:
21 minutes ago, Daveb70 said:

thanks Dave.

Welcome mate, download sky map to your iPhone, android or tablet ... It's free? Point your camera in any direction and it will show you what's there and also help you star hop.

venus is right of the moon at the moment (brightest start you can see and Mars and Neptune are just to the left of the moon although I believe there out of sight tonight now

Nathan, Liverpool 

Edited 1 minute ago by Nathan UK
Being more descriptive

Thanks Nathan, 

downloaded the sky map app, had a very quick look at the moon earlier, but with it being so cold came back inside, warmer clothing needed and kids putting bathroom light on, lights the back garden up ? But looking forward to seeing a lot more. 

13 minutes ago, Daveb70 said:

Thanks Nathan, 

downloaded the sky map app, had a very quick look at the moon earlier, but with it being so cold came back inside, warmer clothing needed and kids putting bathroom light on, lights the back garden up ? But looking forward to seeing a lot more. 

Need to learn to brave the cold mate or get some thermals haha.

i was in a rather polluted area myself tonight (being in a city like yourself I suffer the same issues) still had a nice look at the moon and Venus tho

43 minutes ago, Daveb70 said:

Hi, 

thanks Dave.

haha...first time I've heard of a wife buying something awesome for the husband ?

Just now, Nathan UK said:

I think she just wants him out the house mate haha

(my bird bought mine) haha

The wife can see what I'm doing in the garden, if I was in my lock up she'd be ringing me every 30min asking to come home ??

21 minutes ago, Daveb70 said:

The wife can see what I'm doing in the garden, if I was in my lock up she'd be ringing me every 30min asking to come home ??

Being able to view you from the window and putting up with you is two different things mate hahaha

yes mate your scopes a nice start scope!

better then mine actually mines the Skywatcher explorer 130 parabolic mirror eq2 so your Apperure is a touch bigger and I'm impressed with my scope so you should be even more so with yours buddy

Archived