Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
CATLUC

First and last Venus of 2016 UV 625mm QHY5III 178mm 31 december

Hello and happy new year

My first and last 2017's Venus

In IR807 nothing to see but in UV this is not bad.

Clear skies.

Luc

2382-1483316429.jpg

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The-MathMog
      Hey there.

I am curious, as to what media or software you guys are using, in terms of knowing when certain alignments, conjunctions or events happen?

I actually had a clear sky, a couple of days ago, when the conjunction of Venus and the Pleiades happened, but I didn't know until the day after. I even thought: "what a nice clear sky, but naaah, the moon is way too bright tonight" (I mostly shoot galaxies these days).
      So I am actually a bit bummed at missing that.

So, what good sources are you guys using? I am mostly using stellarium, reading a bit on the forum here, and looking into SkySafari Pro (will that give any clues?). Or is it simply by chance figuring it out 😅

Thanks in advance.
    • By mikeyscope
      Just a quick cropped image of the Venus/Pleiades conjunction with Hyades looking on by moonlight from last night.
      Pentax K5 / Pentax 12-24mm lens / 1.4x rear converter / Exp. 30secs @f10 / iso 500
      Ioptron tracker at siderial.

• By Photosbykev
      30+ exposures between 1 and 60 seconds with an ASI533MC_Pro and WO61 refractor. The huge dynamic range makes this a real challenge lol

• By Partha Sinha
      I snapped a few photographs of the Venus on 28th evening and surprisingly noticed a circular rainbow like pattern around the Venus. 
      I'm attaching  a photo of the Venus and the moon together and another of the Venus with its blown up image as an inset. 
      The Venus appears too small in the photo with the Moon appearing on the left side but, this pattern can still be observed when the image is blown up.
      I had snapped such photos of Venus earlier and have also done so on the next day but, none of those showed this peculiar/accidental feature.
      Could any of you please inspect the photos and let me know weather it's really a rainbow around the Venus or not.

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      yesterday evening after doing the sketch of the three-day old moon, we had a wonderful twilight scene with Venus and the Moon over here.
      So I did a pastel sketch how I recalled it afterwards:

Clear skies!
      Achim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.