Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Today

Peter Drew

Nice one Peter,
I have just set up and I am quite surprised how good the seeing is :happy7: there are a couple of lovely proms in my 9 O'clock position (east) and some more in the North, there is another that looks quite large but I can only just about see as it is so faint in the North West, I will mess about with the Quarks setting to see if I can nail it. The surface details is also splendid again, it is very difficult to get bored whilst observing the sun :happy7:

I just broke my observing chair (too many mince pies and custard) so I will have to stand until I can get a new one....its finally given up the ghost and is not really worth repairing. My poor back will be non to pleased about it :happy7: 

I have managed to tune into the proms in the North West and they are quite spectacular, both are pyramid shaped and together they are forming an "M" type shape, the seeing is getting a bit wobbly so I guess its starting to set :happy7: All the same a good start to 2017

It's a bit frustrating reading all these exciting Ha reports. I had a look through a ST80 the other day with a white light filter designed for a 50mm RACI finder scope strapped to the stopped down aperture of the ST80. I could not see any features whatsoever!

Archived