Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fully hooked...

KBS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, KBS said:

Got my first view of Jupiter this morning.  Was by accident, I had to be up early and noticed Jupiter in the sky while I was in the kitchen.  I got my scope set up, and had a look.

My eyes weren't dark adjusted and the scope wasn't cooled down but saw a disc shape with 3 dots off to the top right.  Presumably some of the moons?

I'm going to plan to get up at 6am on Saturday to get a proper look in the right conditions.  Hopefully I'll get to make out some of the detail.

I was up aswell this morning taking a look. You are correct those were some of the moons. My atmosphere was very hazy this morning so not real good viewing conditions. I have just started out as well. Good luck with the learning process!!

Chad 

I'm in Stockport.  Near Manchester in the UK.  It's been really cloudy here all week but we had some nice clear skies this morning.  Hoping for the same on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Could only get out for about an hour.  Started to get a little misty.  It was freezing!

Saw M31 for the first time. Really happy with that.   I'm definitely getting better slowly.  Thanks again for everyone's input in here.  :icon_biggrin:

Archived