Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Hi guys,

I have few unfinished books but still want a new one ("Making every photon count"). I was wondering if someone has it in good condition and is selling it at a good price :)

AJ

On 03/01/2017 at 06:51, allcart said:

PM sent

Received the post today and looking forward to read it over next couple of days. Thanks you Allan!

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stardude07
      Hey everyone!

I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself. I'm Christopher, 30, from the United States and have been living in Europe for a few years. I mostly enjoy astrophotography when the weather permits. I hope to make a few new friends here and learn a lot about astrophotography. I have more gear than I should compared to how much I actually know about astrophotography but I am always willing to learn new tricks. I just got a new Stellarvue OTA, so I'm also new to middle range focal length. Can't wait to see what y'all have to offer on these forums
      Christopher

• By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Hello to all!
      Posting a photograph of the Summer Milky Way band that I took last week.
      However, I do not know how should I feel about this!
      This is when the band was right overhead, which is a rare sight for us and happens only when monsoon season is delayed. There was decent glow towards horizon but literally nothing at zenith.
      19 degrees north latitude, around Bortle 3 level sky, taken using Nikon 5300, basic lens.
      And with this, I prepare to have no view of stars till September ends 

• By G4EQZ
      Hi, Folks
       I am only a few weeks into astronomy and started off with a Celestron 9.25" Evo on the standard AZ mount. I guess with hindsight this wasn't the best place to start and also with hindsight I would have done better to have bought a GEM mount. Anyway, lesson learned and at 71 years old I have to speed up the learning process compared to younger enthusiasts  I have 2 issues. 1/ Its a pain dragging the scope out into the garden and setting it up every time I think the fickled weather might be obliging. 2/ I now know that the mount I have is useless for long exposures and a wedge is fiddly to get polar aligned.
      My question is, though I gather wedges are a PITA to setup etc is if I was to build or buy a pier for the backyard and use my existing mount + a wedge is this a reasonable way to go? Though it's fiddly to set the thing up once set I could leave the mount, wedge, etc covered up and would just need to drop the OTA on when I wanted to use it.  Is this reasonable or am I missing something fundamental down near the bottom end of my learning curve
      Any advice much appreciated and don't feel you have to spare my feelings
    • By Stargazer33
      Hi, this question has probably been done to death here, but can I ask the community to help me decide on a new camera?
      After struggling with my very glitchy QHY5LIIc camera for a while, as well as having a forced break from astronomy, I have decided to get a new camera. After all the problems I've been having with the QHY, I really don't want to use this manufacturer again. I know lots of people use them quite happily, but once bitten ...
      I have been looking at the ZWO cameras - OSC, as I haven't the time, clear skies, or patients to do LRGB imaging!
      I have about £250 to spend, which I may be able to push to £300 if I wait a bit. ? So I've been looking at the ASI224MC, ASI290MC and the ASI178MC cameras.
      I mainly do planetary/Luna imaging, but I have also dabbled in a bit of DSO and would like to continue with both. I have a C9.25 and a ST80 guide scope. I know these aren't ideal for DSOs but please humour me!
      I think from the specs/information that the 224 is probably the best option. Although the resolution and QE are the worst of the three, the well depth and read noise are the best and the fps is pretty good too.
      I don't know if there are better/cheaper cameras using the same chips, such as Altair's range. I just don't want to make the same mistake that I did with the QHY!n
      Any help/advice you can give will be much appreciated.?
    • By probedroid
      Hey StarGazersLounge Forums,
      I am an amateur in astrophotography and have so far taken photos of the Moon and some planets with my camera. However, I am looking for a major upgrade in order to take astrophotography to a professional level as I have long been passionate about astronomy. My overarching aim with astrophotography is to take high quality photos of many planets and continue my interest with the universe.
      I would be very grateful if anyone could recommend the best set up regardless of the price at the moment as I will work from there. This includes a camera, mount and eyepiece for the Celestron 8se etc so I can get a good idea of what I need to get some amazing planetary shots. By the way, for the camera, I am considering the Sony a7r iii (good choice?) for astrophotography and nature photography as well. Any form of advice would be much appreciated.
      George

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.