Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC891

MrsGnomus

I like this and think that the stars being brighter and slightly larger in the first image gives it more of a sparkle ...... If that makes sense. When compared to the later versions, I feel they seem a bit dull looking in comparison. Also I think I've look at the colour balance in the shadows as I *think* it's a tab blue :) Hope that helps.... It's a great image though, I hope I'm not seeming picky.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

I like star 'suppression' in narrowband images as we have already decided to accept 'false' colour so from there on anything goes. For RGB, where we are aiming for 'natural' colours I prefer to see a more balanced view of the stars so if the stars are bright, they should be obvious in the image. The only exception to this for me is taming a star like Alnitak which is not only bright but it destroys detail in the main event so I can be flexible on this point :icon_biggrin:

Good point.  

26 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I like this and think that the stars being brighter and slightly larger in the first image gives it more of a sparkle ...... If that makes sense. When compared to the later versions, I feel they seem a bit dull looking in comparison. Also I think I've look at the colour balance in the shadows as I *think* it's a tab blue :) Hope that helps.... It's a great image though, I hope I'm not seeming picky.

Thanks again.  Good spot on the background.   You are not being picky - I am trying to improve so good, honest feedback is worth its weight in gold.

05Lis_version1920.jpg

It is really interesting to hear the different perspectives on this.  Of course, each of us has to decide these things for ourselves, but it is good to know what the various schools of thoughts are.

Archived