SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eq3-2 enhanced dual motors

Peco4321

Finally fitted my motors last night to my eq3-2 that has a skywatcher 150p on top. Box arrived in good time from RVO and well packaged, just had to wait till after xmas to use it. Went away Boxing Day and typically it was clear all the time we were away. 

Anyway, easy to fit, I did watch a clip on YouTube first but instructions are fairly straightforward. Luckily it was clear last night and after a fairly crude polar alignment I was away. Took some single exposures of the usual winter targets to test it and very happy with its performance. The speeds to move around are tediously slow though even at x16 but the beauty for me is that I can visually find a target, put the motor on while I swap to image, and the target stays central. 

Next time out I will concentrate on a few main objects to improve my imaging and stacking and processing skills as the below are just single shots of varying lengths from 15 to 120 secs, just enhanced in gimp a bit. 

Boxed goodies:

IMG_1309.JPG

Orion Nebula 15sec ISO 1600:

IMG_1378.JPG

Flame Nebula and a hint of Horsehead 45sec ISO 400:

IMG_1380.JPG

Crab Nebula 60 sec ISO 400:

IMG_1379.JPG

Unknown Nebula or galaxy while looking for Bodes Nebula!! 25 sec ISO 1600, any thoughts:

IMG_1382.JPG

Betelgeuse 30sec ISO 800:

IMG_1381.JPG

Andromeda galaxy 30 sec ISO 1600 but focus was a bit off:

IMG_1383.JPG

All in all, I am very happy and excited for the coming months, just need to practic stacking and post processing more. 

5 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

great job mate,  1 think the Unknown galaxy is NGC 2404. great pics , well done. happy new year.  charl.

Thanks charl. I want to do a bit of a first year review soon as a way of encouraging newbies like me to just give it a go, the most important thing though for me, is the support I have got from you and many others on SGL. THANKS. 

Archived