Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One of the best gifts i could get

Victor Boesen

I got the helios naturesport 10x50 wa for christmas and couldn't wait to get out and try it. I have previously in this forum asked for help to decide which binocular i should get, and i saw a lot of guys that used and liked these bins.
So i went outside after all of us had our presents, and looked up to find out that it was clear:hello2: It was in oslo, so a lot of LP, but went inside and grabbed my binoculars, got dressed, and went outside again. I then tried to find the darkest place in the garden, which didn't take long. Took off the lens-caps and got the bins focused on a bright area of stars.

Now for the observations:

My first thought was to try and find M31, so i located two of the stars beneath it with my eyes, and then tried to find it in the bins. When i found them i hurried up the "star-ladder" to then stumble upon a faint glowing cloud. I was stunned that i found it, and the way it looked. (it was my first time seeing M31).

Then i looked east and found Orion rising up high towards the south-eastern sky. I quickly swung my bins towards the belt of Orion, again, crisp and filled with stars. I looked down towards the sword to try and spot the orion nebula. A grey'ish cloud with two stars in the middle. Couldn't see the flame neb or running man.

Then i almost stepped inside to stop the session, until i saw the pleiades hangen like a hand full of diamonds, that has been thrown in the sky. Walked to the dark spot in the garden again, and began to look after the pleiades. Not that long after i found it filling about half of my field of view (6.5). they looked so crystal-clear and the background stars were also visable.

It began to be freezing out, so wanted to end the session with just a milky way pan. Started at cassiopeia and looked above and below. above i found a double cluster which i haven't seen before, therefore i had to look it up on stellarium before i knew what it was. It actually looked like a nebula at first, but then i looked closer and found that there was a lot of stars.

Conclusion:

I love my bins. They have already surprised me big time! I look forward to go to my grandma and grandpas' to get to ar darker place. (they live in a green zone of LP). Back to the conclusion. Really nice bins, not as heavy as i thought, i can easily use them for a couple of minutes straight without getting sore in my shoulders. (i'm 14). If you consider buying these, i only have two words for you:

BUY THESE!!!

Clear skies!!

Victor Boesen

Thank you, Victor! That was an excellent 'First-Light' write-up! You made it lucid and intriguing, too.

Spring will come too slowly this year - so very many of us astronomy-lovers got new telescopes, binoculars, etc. I wish snow & ice were warm. Ah well, might as well be hoping nice, big nova at a safe - yet local-ish - viewing distance.

All the best all -

Dave & Spitting Snow

13 hours ago, Victor Boesen said:

that is really cheap! why not try them out! probably not the best quality but you could only get surprised.

Very true 

SWMBO is going to Lidl tomorrow and if any left will have a punt on them at 14 quid 

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 00:30, Victor Boesen said:

I got the helios naturesport 10x50 wa for christmas and couldn't wait to get out and try it. I have previously in this forum asked for help to decide which binocular i should get, and i saw a lot of guys that used and liked these bins.
So i went outside after all of us had our presents, and looked up to find out that it was clear:hello2: It was in oslo, so a lot of LP, but went inside and grabbed my binoculars, got dressed, and went outside again. I then tried to find the darkest place in the garden, which didn't take long. Took off the lens-caps and got the bins focused on a bright area of stars.

Now for the observations:

My first thought was to try and find M31, so i located two of the stars beneath it with my eyes, and then tried to find it in the bins. When i found them i hurried up the "star-ladder" to then stumble upon a faint glowing cloud. I was stunned that i found it, and the way it looked. (it was my first time seeing M31).

Then i looked east and found Orion rising up high towards the south-eastern sky. I quickly swung my bins towards the belt of Orion, again, crisp and filled with stars. I looked down towards the sword to try and spot the orion nebula. A grey'ish cloud with two stars in the middle. Couldn't see the flame neb or running man.

Then i almost stepped inside to stop the session, until i saw the pleiades hangen like a hand full of diamonds, that has been thrown in the sky. Walked to the dark spot in the garden again, and began to look after the pleiades. Not that long after i found it filling about half of my field of view (6.5). they looked so crystal-clear and the background stars were also visable.

It began to be freezing out, so wanted to end the session with just a milky way pan. Started at cassiopeia and looked above and below. above i found a double cluster which i haven't seen before, therefore i had to look it up on stellarium before i knew what it was. It actually looked like a nebula at first, but then i looked closer and found that there was a lot of stars.

Conclusion:

I love my bins. They have already surprised me big time! I look forward to go to my grandma and grandpas' to get to ar darker place. (they live in a green zone of LP). Back to the conclusion. Really nice bins, not as heavy as i thought, i can easily use them for a couple of minutes straight without getting sore in my shoulders. (i'm 14). If you consider buying these, i only have two words for you:

BUY THESE!!!

Clear skies!!

Victor Boesen

cool story bro.

Archived