SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wizard nebula

Petergoodhew

2 minutes ago, spillage said:

I must say from your location that is one hell of a nice image. I would be happy to get anything half way near that with my set up in darkest dampest somerset.

I don't think anywhere can be worse than this damp, foggy, light-polluted spot under the Heathrow approach path!

I think the trick is to get lots and lots of data so that eventually the image manages to peep above the skyglow.

A very lovely image Peter, I know nothing about imaging but the processing looks excellent and cleverly done to my eye!

I live in Walton-on-Thames so I share some of your pain in terms of aircraft flying overhead constantly plus the lovely Heathrow LP of course :( 

19 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

I don't think anywhere can be worse than this damp, foggy, light-polluted spot under the Heathrow approach path!

I think the trick is to get lots and lots of data so that eventually the image manages to peep above the skyglow.

Light pollution is a great adversary for me also. I find this very encouraging! I guess I should work toward narrow-band!

2 hours ago, carastro said:

Wow, amazing coming from West London, I live in South London, and unable to get anything decent from here, had to wait until I went to a dark location,

Love the colour palette - excellent image.

Carole

Thanks Carole. For years I have admired your images.  I've really struggled with RGB here and have now virtually given up, and find NB so much easier.  I've also struggled with colour, but have found that if I fiddle with selective colour and colour balance long enough eventually I stumble on something I find pleasing to my eye.

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

I like the colours on this - You have managed to make it stand out quite beautifully :)

Thanks Sara. Simon gave me an expert hand with this one.

I see your images keep popping up every month in the magazines! 

Hope we have seen the end of the rain and clouds in Spain.  BTW you've probably heard from Colin, but the 10Micron and TMB are working perfectly now.

Thanks Carole. For years I have admired your images.  I've really struggled with RGB here and have now virtually given up, and find NB so much easier. 

Thanks Peter.  I must say I find narrowband easier too.  Too many gradients with LRGB, especially from London.

Carole 

Archived