Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar.jpg

nightfisher

What did the postman bring

nightfisher    6,304

I thought i would start a thread that may well become bigger than the huge eyepiece case thread!

so if the postie or courier has dropped of some astro goodies you can post up in here, your place to show of in a nice way :grin:

Nothing astro from the post but i did collect a nice ED120 and a nice Baader 2" Nd 09 filter

so dont be shy, post up your new goodies

• Like 2

DRT    4,694

My only delivery since Christmas was these...

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 20.47.47.png

They will help me align the TV60 that is now attached as a finder to my VX12 :grin:

• Like 4

PhilipN    11

I'm currently saving/choosing a scope but until that hallowed day arrives, I'll make do with today when 'Turn Left At Orion' arrived which has me flicking through it tonight:) 

• Like 3

brantuk    3,031

I got a nice shiny Moonlite focuser and radius kit to fix it on my dob - but it wasn't the postman it was Santa wot delivered it. :grin:

• Like 3

DRT    4,694
26 minutes ago, brantuk said:

I got a nice shiny Moonlite focuser and radius kit to fix it on my dob - but it wasn't the postman it was Santa wot delivered it. :grin:

Was it dressed in Santa red? :cool2:

• Like 2

brantuk    3,031
Just now, DRT said:

Was it dressed in Santa red? :cool2:

Absolutely - to match the red of the rocker box which I'm going to paint soon. Should look nice I hope. :)

• Like 2

speach    8

I'm waiting for him, won't be the postman, to bring me my Skyshed Pod. Hopefully it in a container on a ship in the Pacific somewhere.  

• Like 2

kev    409

Nothing yet as i was apparently out.... grrrr

eventually when i can get into town a nifty fifty for the 450D

• Like 1

DRT    4,694

Santa had a bit of a nightmare delivering my present this year but one of his little helpers just turned up with this...

Mini.jpg

:icon_santa:

• Like 2

Knighty2112    2,093

Got a nice Lunt wedge with filters from Moonshane that got delivered yesterday by the postie. Had first light with it yesterday, but nothing much to see on the sun. Nice and sunny here today again, so going to have a peak again to see if I can see any solar activity again soon! :) 

IMG_2025.JPG

• Like 4

nightfisher    6,304

Postie has just been...........a Turnigy TGY ai6 RX but that will mean nothing to you guys better still he also brought a BST explorer 12mm 

• Like 1

michaelmorris    1,507

Just before Christmas the postman delivered a lovely large flat parcel.

Sky Atlas 2000 deluxe colour laminated edition.  Only £57 delivered from the US.  It was on special offer - 50% off in November. :icon_biggrin:

IMG_20161231_171532755.jpg

IMG_20161231_171545480.jpg

• Like 5

kev    409

Well.  I went to santa and collected my nify fifty yesterday, so.... appologies for the weather folks!

• Like 2

gtis    578
On 30 December 2016 at 13:06, nightfisher said:

Postie has just been...........a Turnigy TGY ai6 RX but that will mean nothing to you guys better still he also brought a BST explorer 12mm 

I know

I got a midnight pumpkin and a flysky fs-gt2b

waiting for a dew strap to arrive and to order a hi tec astro 4 channel dew controller from modern astronomy when they are back in January 

• Like 1

DRT    4,694

This arrived this morning from Telescope House and will form part of my travel kit...

IMG_0203.JPG

• Like 2

cloudsweeper    1,653

This GPS Module came for me.

And what a fabulous aid it is!  Alignment is now really quick (planet, Moon, two named stars), AND if I kick the tripod or want to move the set-up down the garden, re-alignment is again quick and easy.  

Next? - a better focuser for my ST120.

Doug.

P1050385.JPG

• Like 4

speach    8
On 12/30/2016 at 11:23, speach said:

I'm waiting for him, won't be the postman, to bring me my Skyshed Pod. Hopefully it in a container on a ship in the Pacific somewhere.  

Still waiting

• Like 1

laudropb    5,808

The nice postie brought me a 14 mm ES 82 degree eyepiece to play with. If only it would stop raining.

IMG_0304.JPG

• Like 6

RWB    142
On 12/31/2016 at 18:44, popeye85 said:

A nice wee Bottle of malt-now if that isn't a aid to astronomy I don't know what is😁😁

Might help in finding a few doubles (stars that is)

clear skies to all

Robin

• Like 1

cloudsweeper    1,653

Nice one, John (@laudropb)!

Here's a pic of mine wearing its semi-permanent self-centring adaptor - my nine longest FLs are all 2", or dual, or have these adaptors so they all go in and out of the 2" diagonal with ease.

Rain? - I just hope it stops before the nights get shorter and lighter!!

Doug.

P1050502.JPG

• Like 3

nightfisher    6,304

I clean forgot i started this thread.........keep em coming lads and  lass`s i have not had any astro stuff for a good while, though i did get a rather nice Giro 2 mount a while back

• Like 1

DRT    4,694

A couple of Ebay items arrived recently as birthday presents to complete my travel kit...

58cf1f3be7a9e_ScreenShot2017-03-20at01_13_22.png.d0c3dfe0503aa59936c3515a3f03deda.png

58cf1f9ca5878_ScreenShot2017-03-20at01_17_02.png.6913aa82c9e12ab782cedcb8ceb541b3.png

• Like 5

Galen Gilmore    304

Not specifically Astro gear, but I just got a Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 lens so I can take some nightscapes :) 

no pic though.

• Like 1

barkis    3,839
On 30/12/2016 at 13:06, nightfisher said:

RC or similar  For your Drone Jules ?

Postie just delivered a set of new Floor mats for my Qashqai :grin:

• Like 1