SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Big eye's under Bala skies

mapstar

Properly dark then! I hope we get more successful Dark Sky parks as they give places and darkness readings. It may be effort to do a survey, but we're all thankful for when it's done. The more good sites (hopefully not too far from civilisation) that we have the better. We councils mass replacing lights with Ines with better light distribution (not going to comment on the colour) the less spread of pollution into the countryside. 

How many any miles do you feel 2017 might cost??!!

Peter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Peter

Probably the same as this year Peter. I don't mind getting away from 'civilisation' if that is what it is nowadays. 

Damian,

Many thanks for the link, I have read this report now 3 times and it is without a doubt one of the best I have read (this year):icon_biggrin:. It was so clear here last night i actually thought I caould see parts of Barnards Loop, then I looked at how much was missing from the whisky bottle, it was so dam cold though, minus 14 and going lower.

Alan

40 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Damian,

Many thanks for the link, I have read this report now 3 times and it is without a doubt one of the best I have read (this year):icon_biggrin:. It was so clear here last night i actually thought I caould see parts of Barnards Loop, then I looked at how much was missing from the whisky bottle, it was so dam cold though, minus 14 and going lower.

Alan

One of the best night's out this year Alan for me. Glad it made good reading for you that cup of coffee must've been a big one :grin:

10 hours ago, PeterW said:

Properly dark then! I hope we get more successful Dark Sky parks as they give places and darkness readings. It may be effort to do a survey, but we're all thankful for when it's done. The more good sites (hopefully not too far from civilisation) that we have the better. We councils mass replacing lights with Ines with better light distribution (not going to comment on the colour) the less spread of pollution into the countryside. 

Peter

we did near 600 miles in one stint one way for dark skys, steve did more. if @estwing gets his big mirror we will do more

10 hours ago, niallk said:

That Arp Galaxies book looks really good!

Very good mate...

31 minutes ago, faulksy said:

we did near 600 miles in one stint one way for dark skys, steve did more. if @estwing gets his big mirror we will do more

Depends on how much the cell for it costs!!!

1 hour ago, faulksy said:

and it is a state :icon_biggrin:

Did you notice it needed a wash too Mike :grin: its still a terrible shade of off white especially after unloading the scope after tonights session :wink:

Archived