Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Germany

Nyctimene

Hello from Germany,

after visiting this forum for quite a while, I now have signed in as a new member.

Having grown up in the "space age" of Sputnik and Apollo, I first got really hooked by observing comet Bennett in March 1970.

Since then, I have been observing (visual only) mostly deep sky-objects and moon.

In the rural Odenwald region, between Frankfurt and Heidelberg, conditions for that are still good (SQM-L readings between 20.3 and 21.3 for most times).

I'm observing mainly with an 8" f/4 Hofheim travel dob and an 18"  f/4.5 Obsession Classic. My last acquisition was an Infinity 76 from ebay,

which gives me also a lot of fun (could detect lunar craters down to 6 km diameter); so I guess my aperture fever is cured (at least for a while....)

I've found this forum always very friendly, warm and supporting, and I'd like to share my knowledges and experiences with You all.

Thank You for reading.

Stephan

Thanks to You all for the friendly welcome! I'm already feeling at home here and enjoy posting.

To Westmarch: no, the 18" is not permanently mounted. I can take it out of its shed by attached wheelbarrows; setting up time is about five minutes.

Stephan

On 03/01/2017 at 15:42, Nyctimene said:

Thanks to You all for the friendly welcome! I'm already feeling at home here and enjoy posting.

To Westmarch: no, the 18" is not permanently mounted. I can take it out of its shed by attached wheelbarrows; setting up time is about five minutes.

Stephan

Be careful!  Slipping takes a moment but a slipped disc is for life.  :happy6:

Westmarch,

I' ve never had,  thanks to God, any back issues; and, retired physician, fortunately know a lot of strategies to avoid them. In case problems would set in, I still could make use of my old Odyssey 13"1 dob (only 28 kg for the OTA), or, worst case, of the Hofheim 8" travel dob (8 kg).

So I hope to be prepared......

Stephan

• 1 month later...

Archived