Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging the rosette

Nova2000

Hi. 

I want to image rossete tonight. I'm going for a small ap trip to the country side. Limiting mag(visual) 6.in may. Not sure if this month. 

My equipment 

EQ3 - 2 without polar scope. 

Canon 700d unmodded 

50mm Canon f1. 2lense.

And me off course. 

Cannot take star adventurer cause I'm not at home and will be using my friends (club tracker). 

So if I stay limited to 30second exposure. I can take as many as I can till the power runs out. At iso 800.what are my chances of getting this wonderful nebula. And what coordinate or star do I center? 

Rajesh 

Not sure, but with an unmodded camera it will be difficult to capture red nebula. The rosette is always a tough target with an unmodded camera. What about the Pleiades or the Andromeda Galaxy. They are both large so they could be imaged and they aren't hydrogen based, so you're unmodified camera will do well.

Hayden

You will be lucky to get much from the Rosette nebula with 30 secs, maybe just a little of the brighter regions. Worth trying, but dont get your hopes up too much. There are at least some colourful star formations in the area that will come out.

There are a few parts of the Rosette with their own NGC number.  To centre it I usually use NGC 2244, the open cluster towards the centre.

I hope it goes well for you. Be sure to share your results with us :)

Tim

32 minutes ago, Tim said:

You will be lucky to get much from the Rosette nebula with 30 secs, maybe just a little of the brighter regions. Worth trying, but dont get your hopes up too much. There are at least some colourful star formations in the area that will come out.

There are a few parts of the Rosette with their own NGC number.  To centre it I usually use NGC 2244, the open cluster towards the centre.

I hope it goes well for you. Be sure to share your results with us :)

Tim

Sure Tim. 

I'll try to increase the iso and exposure if possible. And apperture at 2.

I dont like your odds if i am honest, I start seeing some hints in 60 second exposures but it really needs at least 2 min exposures and that is with a modified camera. M45 or M31 or M33 are a nicer target for your equipment.

OK, so I basically didn't go for the rosette and took about 20x120sec exposure and 5x60,2x1 exposures of orion. I was getting  hint if the loop in 1mij exposure. I hope I get a good image. Also shot some widefield milkyway and cassiopeia. 

Cheers! 

Clear skies :icon_santa:

Archived