What's wrong here :-/

When I try and go to venus or Mars, which I can see in the sky above the horizon, the scope tells me they're below the horizon. I know they're not, I can see them. I have entered my coordinates correct as far as I know. 

Sussed it, like a knob, I had the date actually in the correct format, however...... My sausage fat fingers ended Feb (02) instead of Dec (12). My stupid mistake. I couldn't see it for looking though. You guys pointed me in the right direction of where to look.... Literally. Thanks so much :-) 

Try an app on your phone called Synscaninit 2 - on android its free and in the play store.  It will have all the location settings in it that you need to set up the computerised control just let it access 'location' on your phone.

3 hours ago, TheShape said:

Sussed it, like a knob, I had the date actually in the correct format, however...... My sausage fat fingers ended Feb (02) instead of Dec (12). My stupid mistake. I couldn't see it for looking though. You guys pointed me in the right direction of where to look.... Literally. Thanks so much :-) 

We have all done it. ....and left a lens cap on.....and forgot to charge our power source.....and..... and...... (doh!!!!). 75% of problem stuff posted in here typically results from user error. But 99% of that is due to poor manuals, incomplete guidance or similar.

My favourite involves my pal whose Starsense kept inexplicably stopping with merely two out of its three alignments complete. After four nights of frustration (each time after an hour of attempts) he phoned me at midnight. He had meanwhile updated his firmware; checked and reset his CPC GPS, rechecked his data, assembled, disassembled and reassembled his Starsense. I eventually threw on a tracksuit and headed to his house. Solution, move his power tank to the front of his scope. His power cable was too short to permit Starsense to complete it's travel, but unseen in the dark. Never a problem for him when manually aligning as being left handed he always moved his scope anticlockwise. 

Archived