Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 1499 Ha and Horsehead/Flame Nebula

These are the other two of the three objects I was able to image on the 26th with an entire night of clear skies 

I wasn't too impressed with the Wizard Nebula results but these results made up for it :-)

I love the billowing nebulosity in both and I'm going to concentrate on these objects as much as I can in the coming month.

ASI1600MM Cool / TS65 quad / (1499 Ha 24x5min) (HH Ha 14x5min) / bias-flat-dark / proceessed in PI

David

y3mfKJoJp_ac0O9lAWW82u9GiXSi3DJuERgBdjzF

y3mFuqTGzTiWDTR8OYWthAMP1rLxgGdXYMB_VFeh

7 minutes ago, swag72 said:

These are great looking mono's - Well done!!! Good detail and well processed :) If you lowered the black point a tad on the NGC1499 then I reckon that would make for an improvement :)

I''m glad you said that Sara - I was thinking that too and I had used MaskedStretch in PI which I think I over did a bit - I'll revisit it :-)

David

Just now, Allinthehead said:

Nice work Dave. Lovely detail in both.

Thanks! :-) I can't believe how much fun mono narrow band imaging is :-)

Comparing both these mono shots to my OSC attempts is embarrassing - and rewarding :-)

Thanks again

David

Archived