Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW ST120

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 08:05, steviebee said:

Firstly thank you for all your comments, and suggestions. I am now typing this rather Red faced. I have had problems with the ST102 since I took the lens's out to clean as they were filthy ( bought 2nd hand). On another thread on SGL it was mentioned about putting  a lens in back to front, and I had. Sightly, well a lot better but still not enough inward focus. I then read about lens pinching, yes I had tightened them a tad tight ( the pit falls of being in heavy industry most of my working life using BIG spannners lol). Still not a lot better. I then read on another thread about the spacers between the lens's making sure these were in the right order. Yes I had got two of the spacers in the wrong way round. What a differenece. I can now start to enjoy the scope again. Although I am thinking about getting the ST150 refractor :-).

Glad to hear you got it all sorted but it may have paid to start off with "Hi, I have the SW ST102. I think its a nice little scope, but I am having trouble getting inward focusing on brighter stars. I took the lens's out to clean as they were filthy" :D 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived