Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

have stellarium set up with computer connected to hand held controller. I did a dummy two star alignment and was able to move my celestron nexstar 6 se with ctrl 1 and alt 1.

I also am able to select sky items on the computer then click the slew button , then it begins to move but gets tugged back to the  original position. I'm thrilled that I got this far

but now I need to find out where my disconnect is. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you try doing an alignment using the handset, then choose a couple of test objects using the handset to see if the scope works on its own.

this will rule out a number of causes.

disconnect the computer from the handset before this test.

Edited by alanjgreen

Whether I'm doing this correctly or not, this works for me:

Use handset to perform Alignment Process be it 2 Star or a Polar Align. 

Once that is completed, then I connect to computer and use either Stellarium or SkyTools. 

I'm not sure if you are trying to use Stellarium during your alignment process. But if you are I'd keep them separate. 

However, if I have misunderstood, I'm as clueless as you. Sorry...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this