Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from the NE england

leesid

Hiya from Sunderland. Just joined up as my Son bought me a telescope for Christmas. It's a Sky-Watcher evostar-90/900 eq2  and my son took advice from forums such as this one as to what starter set up he could get me. I hope it's the right size for a learner as i have no idea what i'm doing , so far I've assembled it then hopefully waiting for a clear sky,. I'm a complete novice and I can see I've got a lot to learn regarding star spotting and all the "jargon" that is used so I apologise in advance for all the newbie questions I'll probably ask lol !!

Hello 

Were you aware of the Sunderland Astronomical Society that meet at the Washington Wildfowl and Wetlands centre? It's a great and very active society, with plenty of people able to help you start out, and we have a couple of observatories at the wetlands too. Check out - http://www.sunderlandastro.com/

and the SAS Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/50545523545/

Welcome, leesid. I hope you have a lot of fun with your scope and the hobby, in general.

Any questions are welcome and remember the old saw that 'the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask'. That said, if you get along to the astro club mentioned above - or any other club - you will find like-minded people who are only too willing to help. It seems to be trait among amateur astronomers. ??

Hi and welcome to SGL - This is a great place to be, it's full of helpful and friendly people. In your first instance, do some searches on here as you will probably find that many similar questions have already been answered to those that you will have.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Archived