Narrowband

Help with Horsehead please

Starwiz

Here's my first attempt from last night, using a new Astromik CLS filter that Mrs Starwiz bought me for Xmas.

18 x 400s @ ISO 1600, 30 x Flats, 30 x Bias stacked in DSS.

I'm seeing a couple of issues, a halo around Alnitak (is there a way to remove this?) and also some strange diffraction spikes from this star, which I think could be due to internal reflections in the scope (200p).

Any help appreciated.

John

HoarseHead1_Edit1.jpg

3 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Not a clue how to answer your question but I like it as it is. First time I saw the Flame I actually thought it was the Packman, because it looks like one. Nice image!!

Alan

Thanks Alan.  The CLS filter has made a massive difference.  My longer exposure images are not orange now.

John

This is come out well  nice image, there is a way to remove halo around Alnitak . Stu the mod send me a link last year to a video  it was cutting out and layer a new part in was the way round this. ps I can not rember my post but it was some thing about winter in the  title. here it is  Winter play time page 27 just look it up.

38 minutes ago, Starlight 1 said:

This is come out well  nice image, there is a way to remove halo around Alnitak . Stu the mod send me a link last year to a video  it was cutting out and layer a new part in was the way round this. ps I can not rember my post but it was some thing about winter in the  title. here it is  Winter play time page 27 just look it up.

Thanks Starlight, I'll have a read.  

John

Archived