SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC-410 & 405 HaSHO

Rodd

I was finally able to collect the OIII data.

Televue np101is with 0.8x reducer, SBIG STT-8300 with self guiding filter wheel and 3nm Astrodon filters.  Exposure length: 31.5 hours)

Ha: 20 30min subs (10 hours)

OIII: 26 30 min subs (13 hours)

SII: 17 30 min subs (8.5 hours)

I am reasonably pleased--but this is only pass #1, so I am sure I will pick away at the details for some time.  At issue is bringing out the OIII emissions from IC-405 while not oversaturating the OIII emission in IC-410.  Also, bringing out the nebulosity between the 2 nebulae without introducing noise and/or numerous tiny stars.

HaSHO-1drz-abcd.jpg

4 minutes ago, Maximidius said:

Fantastic Rod, very 3D like. Wile I don't speak as "the voice of authority"...I gotta say, That is one damn impressive image if you ask me. Certainly up there with the best of them, without doubt. 

Thanks Maximidius....It seems I always jump the gun and post to early.  I need to learn patience and finish all my tinkering and processing and post the final image.  I can't help myself I guess.  I appreciate your input. 

8 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Maximidius....It seems I always jump the gun and post to early.  I need to learn patience and finish all my tinkering and processing and post the final image.  I can't help myself I guess.  I appreciate your input. 

Well, I for one find it fascinating to see all the subtle changes that are applied as your images evolve.

Very nice Rodd.  I liked them all.  Of the six (you are getting worse than me :wink:), I like number 6 best.  Colours seem more 'natural' (I know that is meaningless in NB, but I hope you understand what I mean) and the cores don't seem 'forced'.

6 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Very nice Rodd.  I liked them all.  Of the six (you are getting worse than me :wink:), I like number 6 best.  Colours seem more 'natural' (I know that is meaningless in NB, but I hope you understand what I mean) and the cores don't seem 'forced'.

I agree completely and thanks--here's one that I was able to bring out the nebulosity between the 2 nebula. Nothing else is different.  I hope it works (I never know until I post).

HaSHO-1ab.jpg

Archived