Narrowband

Show Us Your Cat(adioptric)...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my CPC1100 (located in my roll-off shed)

cpclead-pic5.jpg

Mounted on the scope we have:

Celestron Starsense camera,

Baader Skysurfer 5

ADM mini dovetail counterweight kit with 3x 3.5lb weights (underneath)

ADM mini dovetail bar with guidescope rings (on top) supporting a Borg89ED Apochromat

Baader 3" click-lock visual back

Starlight Instruments Feathertouch microfocuser

FLO dessicant cap

Two 11" dew tapes for the CPC (one is permanently on and the other is manually controlled as I only need the extra one on colder nights)

One 4" dew tape for the Borg89 (manually controlled as I only need it on colder nights)

Tracer LiFePO4 24Ah Battery Pack

Lots of cables (all nice & tidy!)

Alan

3 hours ago, Gilles said:

This is my Celestron Orange C90 spotting scope.

P1010847.JPG

Making 90mm Maksutovs was a core part of my business in the 1970's, they sold well as the alternative was the very expensive Questar, the introduction of the C90 virtually killed my line as they were so much cheaper. Ironically that situation, in part, resulted in me taking out a Meade dealership and the Meade 2080 pictured in the other post was the first model I imported. Finally, I have an early Cosmotron 8" SCT here at the moment. It's ok at low power.  :icon_biggrin:

Our Meade 10 inch ARC. (It's an early one claiming to be an RC, which it isn't!)

Meade%2010%20inch%20ARC-L.jpg

For the saddest of reasons we have a 14 inch LX200 coming here too. It has been left to us by the late Alan Longstaff and will be given a very good home to be named in his honour.

Olly

4 hours ago, garryblueboy said:

Here's my latest a 9.25 Evoloution with star sense and feather touch focuser

I really like the look of that - it reminds me of an old Celestron Ultima 2000 that I should have bought, but didn't. :) (Would up buying a 10" Meade SCT instead - which I dearly loved!)

13 hours ago, Rick Towns said:
13 hours ago, Rick Towns said:

I really like the look of that - it reminds me of an old Celestron Ultima 2000 that I should have bought, but didn't. :) (Would up buying a 10" Meade SCT instead - which I dearly loved!)

Yeah  I had one of those pretty dam good scope it was 

21 hours ago, iapa said:

CGEM-DX mount, 8" Celestron SCT, startraveller 80, Canon 600D, QHY6, cooler, focus motor, & controller 

The weight these things carry... and, so far, the worst cabling ever?

2017-01-02 15.16.29 HDR.png

If you arrange the cables carefully the drag cancels out :grin:

Dave

WIRES-!!!!.png

Archived