Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Erecting Eyepeice HELP

So I have recently just gotten the Saxon 200mm reflecting telescope, and with it I received an erecting eyepeice to view terestial objects. Problem is, people are saying to insert into threads and I've tried to do that but it doesn't fit? How do I correctly place the erecting eyepiece onto the telescope? Please help!

Images of regular eyepeice for space objects (28mm) and other parts included to help.

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

Your erecting eyepiece is 1.25" diameter by the looks of it. From your photos it looks like the step down adaptor from 2 to 1.25" is currently in two pieces. Fasten those two pieces together, insert the wider end into your focus tube and then the erecting eyepiece should fit. You may or may not need the 2" extension tube which you have currently connected to your focusser in you photo to reach focus.

Also do be aware that it may be pain-in-the-neck to use your reflector for daytime terrestrial observing. This type of telescope is really made for cruising outer-space - where upside-down actually doesn't exist.

If you have a copy of Stellarium, it can be set to give an accurate view what will be seen in one's eyepiece in whatever telescope being used - including Newtonian-Reflectors.

AND: Greetings, Grace of QSLD, welcome to SGL - it's great to have you aboard!

We're a friendly bunch here, and we thrive on people's questions. And, even more so, helping to find their answers. So never be shy in asking yours in any of the myriad forums!

Happy gazing - and Season's Greetings -

Dave

Archived