Narrowband

M45 - The Pleiades

brendant

Managed 8 Min's worth late on Monday night before I packed up, could have stayed up all night but had to get some sleep before work. Really brings home how the year is moving on to see M45 again.

ED80 400D, 8x 60 sec's @ ISO800

Brendan

Hey that's good! They were damned hard to get anything on from here, and I gave them longer than 8 mins! There's something special about that little cluster isnt there?

Cheers

TJ

Very beautiful sight the Pleiades, and that's very nice image of the cluster.

I agree too that it does have an aura around it, and I don't just mean the dust glow.

The sad part is, it's appearance in the sky heralds the winter, not a bad thing in itself, but it also means we are unlikely to get a summer worthy of the name this year.

Thanks for the early view of it Brendan.

Ron. :D

Thanks guys for all the feedback.

Rob, I too was surprised there was as much nebulosity, have imaged it before through the 6" Newt for longer with worse results, I think the LPR filter must help quite a bit. I just love the ED80, they are such a versatile instrument and really make imaging so much easier, they should be a mandatory scope for people starting, rather than succumbing to aperture fever and difficult heavy mounts. Easy use = more use, Difficult to use = frustration & lack of interest.

Brendan

Archived