Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fingers crossed for tonight, what might I see, what should I use? Now - observation diary

JOC

Hi Domstar - the scope is probably no longer under guarantee - I've had it longer than a year.  It's already been back once and that was not easy to organise - if the adjustment is fairly simple and it looks like it might be I might have a bash myself rather than go through the hassle of sending is away again.  I have had the goto work work quite successfully, but the other night it was very cold and that it one of the conditions that PDF says might cause the fault to surface - the adjustment doesn't look beyond me on a rainy afternoon - a quick teak might be all it needs.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Try this...

Stu that's great - many thanks for taking the time to find that and for posting the link - instructions are always so much easier when accompanied by pictures.  You must have an encyclopaedic knowledge of what to find where.  SGL at it's best :-D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JOC said:

You must have an encyclopaedic knowledge of what to find where. 

Please don't credit me with anything beyond a vague and fuzzy recollection of what is out there, and a knack of using search engines well ;);) 

Hmm.  I had that classic experience of seeing a loverly clear night (by total surprise) only to find it had all hazed over by the time I lugged everything outside.

It has truly been a disappointing last few weeks!  How much for a ticket up to the ISS?  Surely they are above cloud most of the time.  Nowing my luck, I'd win the lottery, get up there and the window de-misting system would break down :-).   Still, the stars aren't going anywhere that quickly.  Patience will be rewarded!

Archived