SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Your best 2016 moon /dso sketch

todd8137

I don't sketch other than to confirm relative postions of things but both the above are superb to my eyes - they really capture these beautiful subjects under excellent conditions :icon_biggrin:

The 3D effect you have caught on the lunar surface is remarkable :icon_salut:

14 hours ago, John said:

I don't sketch other than to confirm relative postions of things but both the above are superb to my eyes - they really capture these beautiful subjects under excellent conditions :icon_biggrin:

The 3D effect you have caught on the lunar surface is remarkable :icon_salut:

Thanks for your kind comments  the moon as caught my eye since i started its always around and it never looks the same ,the reason i sketchd from day one is because you look for,longer at what ever it is a dso or the moon ,before i would spend five minutes looking at as many things as i could but never realy looked for,long enough have a great xmass and new year 

I was t going for a 3D effect at the time with the moon surface but when i saw those shadows bing cast by those mountains wow i could not belive how great they looked .

pat

20 hours ago, todd8137 said:

Hi all what a great sketching year its been for me and sketching i would be interested to see your best or worst moon /dso sketch  heres what i think is mine lets see yours and have a great chrismas and new year 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spectacular sketches Todd.

The Alpine Valley is excellent but M13 is jaw dropping! :thumbsup:

Sadly I've hardly paid any attention to sketching dso's or the Moon this year as I've been preoccupied with the planet's, mainly Jupiter and Mars. In 2016 I've only drawn a couple of dso's and one lunar crater. (Attached)

Only the other day I found an old sketch published by the SPA lunar section years ago which you may find of interest. I've attached it here also as it shows a feature, a rill in this instance, that some experts claimed didn't exist, but it most certainly does, and is easily seen under the right illumination even in a 3" telescope. 

This coming year I'm determined to make the moon my main subject of study as although i regularly observe it, its something i rarely sketch.

Mike

584749f435ea9_2016-11-2713_29_23.jpg.98a408cc96f1f60b81f8e3aac4862bb5.jpg

584749d41417d_2016-11-2713_28_58.jpg.14fc06c0b6ad8826d50facac67014ecd.jpg

2016-12-22 20.26.12.jpg

2016-12-15 09.35.33.jpg

Hi Mike great sketches the moon is some what a obsession of mine well for the last 11 years i would say imlove dso's,but the moon and its shadows just blow me away every time i look forward to some of you sketches i the new year great dso,sketches by the way i look forward ro more of you work 

pat 

Beautiful sketches Todd and Mike I started my journey into the cosmos last march with the purchase of my first telescope and it's been a very inspiring humbling and beautifully emotional journey for me so far here are a couple of my favourite sketches ☺

RichardIMG_3747.JPGIMG_3751.JPGIMG_3779.JPGIMG_4054.JPGIMG_4083.JPG

IMG_3735.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

Hello Todd, Mike, Richard, wonderful sketches :hello2::hello2:

Lunar Crater Clavius souvenir from  the moon(only moon sketch in 2016) and my last observation(4/12/16) it was H-a line of the sun.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year 

Marios :smiley:

Clavius.jpg

H-a 4 12 16.png

On 26/12/2016 at 07:00, mariosi said:

Hello Todd, Mike, Richard, wonderful sketches :hello2::hello2:

Lunar Crater Clavius souvenir from  the moon(only moon sketch in 2016) and my last observation(4/12/16) it was H-a line of the sun.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year 

Marios :smiley:

Clavius.jpg

H-a 4 12 16.png

Lovely sketches as always Marios, let's hope we have another great year of astronomy can't wait ?

Archived