SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

who is out tonight

faulksy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me. I have just flipped my mount to Alt-Az mode and mounted the ED 80 and 130PDS side by side.  My nieces are here and I am going to explore Orion with them later when they get back from Ice Skating.  Neighbours invited too (keeps the light pollution down).

3 minutes ago, Owmuchonomy said:

Neighbours invited too (keeps the light pollution down).

Smart move. I have everything ready, and just hope I can get a couple of hours in. Need to collimate the sct so that may take a while.

Eric.

There's been heavy cloud in Essex all day and it doesn't look like it's going to get better. Clear Outside says tomorrow should be good here instead

And it would have to happen on a night when the Aurora Watch app has started pinging alerts too

my scopes cooling, using the new little 150 f5 newt I got this week, targets- Pleiades, flame neb, great orion neb, maybe the crab neb while waiting for orions goodys to rise. its starting to clear outside, its still a bit hazy, but anythings betterthan the cloudfest weve had for the last week. clear skys all,  charl.

Yep, if indeed it does clear.

Will be looking to get a definitive picture for the current scope I have for review, and normally like to get one as late in the night as possible so that by the time the review is published the target is still a current one. Not sure the clear is going to be all night though so  might settle for something earlier. Was really hoping to do M78 but anything with a reflection in is pretty dire around here.

What will you be viewing Mike?

Well with the cloud cover moving slowly to the SE there may be the slightest chance of a clear sky.  Spent the afternoon redoing all the wiring to the mount so want to get out and check all is well :)

The sky's are starting to clear nicely now looking up at the stars as they are starting to present themselves. The Dob has been locked in all week due to the rubbish conditions. But the lock has come of shed and the dob is all cool and ready to go. Get the eye case ready and later may get some observation in.

Probably will definitely do some star gazing on Friday(of two types). As a little Christmas trip out with the lads and more than likely on the walk back home from the party  at 2 am in the morning i will try and impress them with all my knowledge of the universe  ,and point out some star constellations to them with a bit of background knowledge.Probably my  knowledge will be wasted on them but I live in hope?

1 hour ago, Tim said:

Yep, if indeed it does clear.

Will be looking to get a definitive picture for the current scope I have for review, and normally like to get one as late in the night as possible so that by the time the review is published the target is still a current one. Not sure the clear is going to be all night though so  might settle for something earlier. Was really hoping to do M78 but anything with a reflection in is pretty dire around here.

What will you be viewing Mike?

no idea yet tim, anything realy ,scope is cool ready so all wound up to 10 :icon_biggrin:

have you got your 18 sorted ?

1 hour ago, alan potts said:

I am pleased about that Mike, they have given cloud all night here for a change.

Merry Christmas to you. Alan

thank you alan, and merry Christmas to you and your family :icon_biggrin:

Archived