Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Berry & McKay - Aberdeen - Equipment

PetrieneeBerry

Hi and welcome to the SGL.

I don't have or know of his equipment, but my first search gave this article, but  you may have already seen this during your own searches...

https://lenathehyena.wordpress.com/2016/06/01/berry-and-mackay-mechanical-genius/

House looks similar.......as depicted in Google Earth

57 Marischal Street.jpg

Edited by Charic

• 2 years later...

Good evening SGL,

Our family own a pair of brass non prizmatic binoculars with Berry & Mackay Aberdeen hard stammped onto the eye pieces. From the net they look very similar to sets that were made in France about the same time, based on the design. I have no idea of the date of manufacture, not detailed on the set. These have extendable / retractable sun hoods for the subject lens and black material applied where the set would be held. No leather involved with this set at the same position.  Our father worked in and around Aberdeen Harbour from about 1942 to about 1963 and likely that they were purchased during this period - realise quite a number of years. They have always been in the household as far as I can remember.  Hope this of interest. Mike