Skywatcher synscan

3 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

I thought with the app saying different altitudes could be why mount is acting up. 

Would be good for people to know how yoir mount is acting up Paul? I used to own an HEQ5 but I'm guessing the software has been updated as this was never an option when I had it.

56 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Would be good for people to know how yoir mount is acting up Paul? I used to own an HEQ5 but I'm guessing the software has been updated as this was never an option when I had it.

I posted a thread a few weeks back Damian but did not get much feed back a couple of people said a few things that could be wrong but only thing It could be now is the mount needs tuning. Stripping and re greasing, I have just bought a illuminated reticule to help with alignment, I have tweaked the Polar scope so that is spot on now, When I do a star alignment either 2 or 3 first object is in FOV go to next object it is down and to the right if I don't use PAE  and go to next object that is not even in FOV have to use finder scope bring it in. Was told could be backlash not sure so trying the reticule next clear night see if that helps otherwise I am back to square one.

8 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

I posted a thread a few weeks back Damian but did not get much feed back a couple of people said a few things that could be wrong but only thing It could be now is the mount needs tuning. Stripping and re greasing, I have just bought a illuminated reticule to help with alignment, I have tweaked the Polar scope so that is spot on now, When I do a star alignment either 2 or 3 first object is in FOV go to next object it is down and to the right if I don't use PAE  and go to next object that is not even in FOV have to use finder scope bring it in. Was told could be backlash not sure so trying the reticule next clear night see if that helps otherwise I am back to square one.

I would go with the backlash theory myself. Sounds like the gears are not quite in mesh fully this will cause error. 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

I would go with the backlash theory myself. Sounds like the gears are not quite in mesh fully this will cause error. 

If it is Damian I wouldn't know where start. I can take things a part and put them back together but making sure the gears are meshed together right that's a whole new ball game I wouldn't want to mess up and have no mount. Thank you very much a couple of people have mentioned backlash going have to check with PEC if that is right.

Paul

Archived