Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Geminids meteor shower 14.12.2016

Way

I want to share with You my observations/signal reception form Geminids meteor shower recorded on 14.12.2016. I was waiting for the peak till 1:20AM.

Results and equipment You can see on this video:

I have also a request: can somebody do a print screen of his setup in Spectrum Lab? Because I have problem with get It working properly. It's look like Spectrum Lab doesn't receive signal from my sound card.  I try to use a Virtual Audio Cable without a success.  

Hi,

Thanks for posting. It's a little while since I was active with my set up (the Perseids this year) and it's easy to forget something you don't use often. The thread I started in July 2014 has slipped to page 2 and you might want to visit it. There's a lot of information on this thread about getting SL to work but using the FUNcube dongle Pro+. With SL a lot depends upon the script you use and if you are able you can write your own to tailor to your needs. Have you read the long manual that comes with SL? I would advise setting up as shown in the manual first to get you up and running. Not all sound cards can achieve the requirements to run SL. With the scripts you can automate capture and recording (images and sound though I have never tried to collect audio as the file size is large).

Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Of course I know Your topic, I started reading it about one year ago, when I looked for information about radioastronomy,  my first antenna was made according to blueprints from Sky at Night magazine.

I forgot about my external sound card which I bought to connect  5.1 speakers to my laptop. I must check If it will run with Spectrum Lab.

Archived