SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC-405 & 410 Bicolor with Ha and SII

Rodd

Well--I tried to wait until I got all channels, but the weather is conspiring to make that take months.  So, here's a bicolor image using Ha and SII

Televue np101is with 0.8x reducer, SBIG STT 8300 with self guiding filter wheel and Astrodon filters

Ha 20 30 min subs (10 hours)

SII 20 30 min subs (10 hours)

Don't like the white, but I tried all possible combinations and I liked this the best.

Bicolor-Ha-SII.jpg

I really like these, i think they have an interesting composition and are very artistic in form. Not sure which i prefer, maybe the last one, but clearly the data is excellent. Well done on creating an unusual and visually stunning take on this magnificent area of the sky.  

7 hours ago, Maximidius said:

I really like these, i think they have an interesting composition and are very artistic in form. Not sure which i prefer, maybe the last one, but clearly the data is excellent. Well done on creating an unusual and visually stunning take on this magnificent area of the sky.

Thanks Maximidius--It was more od an exercise I guess.  It will be a long time before I can get the OIII.  Then I have a big decision to make.  Either move my setup to the other side of the yard so I can properly cxapture a few targets I have long been aspiring to with the Televue, or switch out the OTA to the C11Edge and go for some close ins.  I am torn.

58 minutes ago, graemlourens said:

I very much like it - especially because its totally different to what you normally see. Its a unique interpretation and i'm all for it!

The framing is perfect, as those 2 nebula would be ready to fight!

Congratulations.

Kind regards, Graem

Thanks Graem.  I am still waiting for the sky to clear so I can get the OIII.  Very frustrating

Archived