Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Member from Virginia, USA

fcwilt

Hi,

I've always had an interest in astronomy but never acted on it other then reading mags.

To my surprise the wife suggested we get a telescope for family and friends to enjoy.

So we are starting with a small Orion StarSeeker IV 150mm GoTo Mak-Cass.

So far so good but I can see that this hobby could quickly become an addiction when it comes to "upgrades".

Frederick

Welcome to SGL, Frederick, it's nice to have you aboard here!

That's a wonderful telescope. It's small(ish) size belies it's abilities, the Maksutov-Cassegrains have astounding power to see fine details on many beautiful denizens of outer-space. Good going!

We love helping to find answers to peoples' astronomy-questions, so you need not be shy in asking them in our many forums.

Starry Nights -

Dave

Hi and welcome to SGL Frederick. Hope you enjoy the new scope, and get some great views with it. Astronomy can become very addictive with upgrades not only for eyepieces, diagonals, barlows etc, but also for better scopes and mounts too. But at the end of the day when you eventually blow all your retirement savings on these things you can blame the wife for suggesting a telescope in the first place! Hehe! ;) 

Hi Frederick and welcome to the forum. You have highlighted a familiar condition known only to astronomers and that is "aperture fever"! Before you ask, no there is no known cure but rest assured that by joining us here, you will be with fellow sufferers.:hello2:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hello and welcome, you are absolutely right, it can get addictive, and yes I have to

admit I am an "Astro addict", I think there are quite a lot of Astro addicts here in S G L.

Enjoy and Clear Sky's. 

Archived