Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Wakefield

UKJay1971

Hi - just started my new hobby and thought I'd join up and say "hello"! Always daunting joining a new community (it's not my first obsession - already a SCUBA diver and clay pigeon shooter!) but I'm here to learn from people with more experience.

Currently messing about with a Celestron 130SLT and Backyard EOS, using my Canon 100D for imaging. Suffice it to say, living in Yorkshire, I've had 2 decent nights when I could actually see the sky since I started :D

Hi Jay

Welcome to SGL and the hobby.

You could always look up Wakefield and district astronomical society. I've heard they are a friendly bunch and really happy to help. 

They have regular meetings and speakers and a good cross section of beginners and experienced members.

Catch their thread here for general chit chat

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/283017-wadas-forum-3/?page=2#comment-3100416

Damian :wink:

Hi Jay and welcome to SGL, we often blessed with lovely spells of night weather during the Winter period here in Yorkshire, the unfortunate thing is, you can`t see through it with a telescope :icon_biggrin: With the warmer Winters, this seems to be a regular occurrence now, years ago you could rely on long spells of frosty clear nights at this time of year. Enjoy the forum and your telescope when conditions are favourable :icon_biggrin:

3 hours ago, gtis said:

Hi Jay

welcome to the forum it might be better to send a email to WADAS

I go clay pigeon shooting as well where do you go shooting 

I used to be a member of a local club at Woolley but it's closing (closed?). I now shoot at Park Lodge, Worsley and Crabtree in Lancs

3 hours ago, UKJay1971 said:

I used to be a member of a local club at Woolley but it's closing (closed?). I now shoot at Park Lodge, Worsley and Crabtree in Lancs

I used to go to junction 3 near Doncaster and one at wortley but can't remember the name I know shoot with friends on a farmers field at Cudworth 

Archived