SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Big Moon

SW130p

I saw the Moon Tuesday night at about 1530 Hrs, simply stunning as it appeared between the cloud layers, just  as it appeared over some roof tops, made the house  silhouette look rather  small? but from my driving position, I  did not have the time to stop and image with the iphone.
What was  more stunning though was the sheer size of the Moon,  she/he? appeared to be twice, maybe more, than the size of the  Moon that we all see and know, an optical illusion, but truly stunning.

10 minutes ago, Charic said:

I saw the Moon Tuesday night at about 1530 Hrs, simply stunning as it appeared between the cloud layers, just  as it appeared over some roof tops, made the house  silhouette look rather  small? but from my driving position, I  did not have the time to stop and image with the iphone.
What was  more stunning though was the sheer size of the Moon,  she/he? appeared to be twice, maybe more, than the size of the  Moon that we all see and know, an optical illusion, but truly stunning.

It is a stunning sight, shame you didn't get to image it, would of looked great.

1 hour ago, Charic said:

I was out imaging last night, it was later than you Charic at about 21:00 but even at 40 odd degrees alt it was imposing, absolutely magnificent.

Great image SW130p, you've really pulled some great detail out there.

Archived