Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Perseus 6 Panel Hybrid Mosaic Ngc 1499 to M45

PatrickGilliland

Got a little ahead of myself and finished this sooner than I had hoped.  Testament to planning your processing before you begin.  First time I have ever needed a spreadsheet to keep track of what was going on!  

Where to begin 1058 subs, 138 hours of data spanning 1 year all in one image, oh and my first serious attempt and a mosaic of any sorts!
I have taken the 6 panel mosaic of the area and enhanced Calderbald 30, California, IC 348, M45 and LDN 777 areas with either FSQ or OS RH 200 data.  Image is large @ 193 mb but only way to see the detail, it gets a little busy in the small size.

Perseus LRGB v2.png
Surely something for everyone in this image - even a PN in there for good measure (start in the middle and work down)  Full acquisition details attached below the image! Too much to type in :)

I have also included a version here with less blue - due to size and physical compression it appears to strong in the smaller viewing sizes so this just resolves that for easier viewing.

Perseus LRGB v2 less blue.png

2016-12-14_18-10-17.jpg
Hope you like.

Paddy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, michaelmorris said:

That is one beautiful image :icon_biggrin:.

Thanks Michael

1 hour ago, toxic said:

erm Awesome image-s Paddy cant think of anything else to say i will be looking at this for a while :thumbright:

Thanks Chris - still looking myself, there is even a little PN in there to cover all the bases (centre then down).

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

Great staying power and perseverance and a fantastic image to boot ...... well done indeed :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

Thanks Sara, was fun to do, few new challenges addressed and tools learnt.

59 minutes ago, RayD said:

Great image Paddy, well worth the time spent and congrats on your first excellent 6-panel mosaic.

Thanks Ray, appreciate comments.

38 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

Excellent Paddy, so much detail. :icon_salut:

Thanks Mike

29 minutes ago, Rudeviewer said:

This is an amazing mosaic!

Thanks very much.

24 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Terrific Paddy.  I think I've managed 0 hours over the last few weeks, so at that rate ......

Tell me new scope in Garage here, or as it was called by my son 'a really expensive spider house!'.  Thanks for comments.

11 minutes ago, Tommohawk said:

Hey Paddy that's excellent - the full size image is just fabulous!

Gotta sign off now though cos used up all my monthly data allowance!  :icon_biggrin:

LOL - yeah sorry about that was the only way to ensure you can see what I hoped you would.  Imagine this 15 years ago still be watching the first line loading.....

12 minutes ago, MartinFransson said:

Holy hell! :hiding:

That is nothing short of spectacular! I am SO impressed!!!

Thanks Martin - felt like a bit of a journey getting this out.  It has been on slow boil for a few weeks waiting for final data sets.  But all came together quite easily thanks to that and the planning.  Glad you enjoyed.

7 minutes ago, RayD said:

Now if someone can match this quality with a ZWO ASI1600, then I would believe it is a real contender (please don't tell me this WAS with a ZWOASI1600 :smiley:)

I can't comment on the ZWO but not in this set of images 583,683 and ML 8300 and a dark site!

3 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Thanks Martin - felt like a bit of a journey getting this out.  It has been on slow boil for a few weeks waiting for final data sets.  But all came together quite easily thanks to that and the planning.  Glad you enjoyed.

I can't comment on the ZWO but not in this set of images 583,683 and ML 8300 and a dark site!

I'm viewing it on a 5k Mac and it's stunning.

2 minutes ago, ChrisLX200 said:

Wow this is massive! I'm going to spend a little time to tour around :)

ChrisH

Don't get lost out there :) 

2 minutes ago, toxic said:

i am a little slow so it took me a while to work out what PN meant lol and i also clicked on full size ha ha i have a 200 meg connection and it sill took over a minute to open lol boy was it worth it .

It already looks compressed when it shrinks down so worth the effort and wait I hope?  I felt it was only way to show it in it's true light.

2 minutes ago, RayD said:

I'm viewing it on a 5k Mac and it's stunning.

Excellent, means my UHD colour calibrated option is back on song - all went a bit bonkers last week with dodgy ICC profiles and strange software updates.

2 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Don't get lost out there :) 

It already looks compressed when it shrinks down so worth the effort and wait I hope?  I felt it was only way to show it in it's true light.

Excellent, means my UHD colour calibrated option is back on song - all went a bit bonkers last week with dodgy ICC profiles and strange software updates.

No worries there Paddy, I really couldn't fault it, even at 5k.

11 minutes ago, RayD said:

No worries there Paddy, I really couldn't fault it, even at 5k.

Maybe a few little things in there but on such a large image you start to lose track of it all, i could only see 22% of image at 100% zoom even on 33" UHD!  WIll no doubt tweak a little but nothing major.  Then will have printed (and getting signed by CMDR Chris Hadfield next month which was nice of him).

Paddy

3 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Maybe a few little things in there but on such a large image you start to lose track of it all, i could only see 22% of image at 100% zoom even on 33" UHD!  WIll no doubt tweak a little but nothing major.  Then will have printed (and getting signed by CMDR Chris Hadfield next month which was nice of him).

Paddy

That is nice, and certainly a keeper.

This is what I get at 5k, and I would have to be super critical at that resolution.

20161214_224958.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

What an amazing image. I've just spent ages looking at it - there's so much to see!

Thanks Michael - I keep going back and looking and I made it :) All a bit of a blur in processing mode but enjoying more now it's out there.  Appreciate the feedback and glad you liked.

Paddy

Archived